History of the First Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian worship services were first established in Somerdale by the Haddonfield Presbyterian Church with a Mission Church in 1925. By 1930, the Mission moved into the present location at Somerdale Road and Ogg Avenue.
Faithful support by the Haddonfield Presbyterian Church continued until 1947. On October 12, 1947, the West Jersey Presbytery officially chartered the First Presbyterian Church of Somerdale.
With growth, new demands for meeting facilities arose. The Church has since added educational meeting rooms, kitchen facilities, and a Christian Education / office building.
Our Church is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA).